Although pervious concrete may be mixed and delivered by the same suppliers as standard impervious, the structural dissimilarities of the two require a contractor with specialized installation experience to ensure the proper performance of the concrete. TCS is a pervious certified contractor and would be interested to discuss pervious concrete advantages with you on your next project.
- Concrete pavement containing 15 to 30 percent interconnected voids to allow storm water to filter through directly into sub-grade.
- Maintains typical concrete strength consistent with other pavement options
- Reduces storm water runoff, recharges groundwater and complies with EPA storm water regulations.
- Creates more efficient land use by reducing the need for retention ponds, swales and other storm water management devices
- Reduces project life-cycle costs
- Naturally filters pollutants from storm water prior to recharging groundwater and/or natural water sources
- Eliminates ponding, night glare and spray typical in most pavement options
- Retains less solar heat gain than typical pavement options
- Typical applications include driveways, parking lots, walkways, pool decks, retaining walls and patios